From Monday, 3 August 2020, the subject libraries A3 and Schloss Ehrenhof open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., except on holidays, for all user groups and with an increased number of seats. For non-members of the University of Mannheim previous seat booking is mandatory. The Central Lending Library will open from 12 noon to 6 p.m. except on holidays.
The subject libraries A5 and Schloss Schneckenhof will be reopened at the end of August, if the incidence of corona-infection allows it. Opening for the weekends is also planned from the beginning of the lectures.
For the subject libraries applies:
- University members can still book their seat, there is also a contingent of seats available for spontaneous visits. Please pay attention to the display of available seats.
- Access for members of cooperation institutions and persons with a library card a seat booking is mandatory. Booking is possible from Friday, 31 August at 10 a.m.
- Entering and leaving the library is recorded with the ecUM or the UB chip card for the purpose of contact tracing in case of a corona infection. Please have your card ready.
- A break of up to one hour is possible, in case of longer absence your place will be released.
- Working in groups is not permitted, group study rooms are open for individual use.
- Within the library it is mandatory to wear a mouth and nose protection in circulation areas (e.g. corridors, staircases) and in communal rooms (e.g. washrooms).
For the Central Lending Library applies:
- Borrowing in the Central Lending Library is possible for all user groups without previous registration.
- Entering and leaving the library is recorded with the ecUM or the UB chip card for the purpose of contact tracing in case of a corona infection.
- A face mask is mandatory to access the library.
Find the latest information on seat booking, the use of the subject libraries and on borrowing on our website.